Naturopathic medicine has a set of several guiding principles:
1. Do no harm.
2. Work in cooperation with Nature.
3. Find the cause of illness.
4. Heal the whole person with individualized care.
5. Educate about healthy lifestyles and preventive medicine.
6. Work to prevent illness.
- I have a Naturopathic doctoral degree from Bastyr University.
have a M.Div from St. Paul School of Theology, and am ordained in the
United Methodist Church -- so I am Christian! In fact, I write a
daily devotional blog:
- I believe we are healed best in the way God made us to be.
- We are complicated, with spiritual, emotional/mental, and physical needs; any one of these spheres can give rise to illness.
- I've been in private practice for 15 years.
I am a preferred provider with Regence, Premera Blue Cross, and I accept Aetna
Health insurance. I will bill other insurance plans, however,
coverage is not a certainty, and you will be responsible for whatever
your insurance does not cover. I discount senior citizens 50%.
Payment for those with no insurance is expected at the time of
service. I accept Visa and Mastercard.
Special Notes and Uniquenesses
- My office is on a second floor in a building without elevators. If this is a problem for you, I will make housecalls.
- I work with people, not lab values. I'm not a big testing kind of guy.
- I am a doctor of faith, but I perhaps err on the side of
not sharing that enough so as not to be religiously pushy. But, I
have no problem with praying with you and/or working on health through
a faith vantage point. I would welcome that in fact, but you need
to take that lead.
- I'm lousy at billing -- hate it, but it is a necessity of
life for me to continue in my beautiful location. Your proactive
cooperation in seeing that your bill is paid saves me a lot of stress!